Canada is the second biggest country in the world and is a country from North America with incredible natural beauty and excellent facilities. They provide free health care to all the dwellers. In this multiethnic nation, people have per capita income more than 47,000 dollars a month.
So if you are thinking of migrating, Canada can be your first choice. Here comes the million-dollar question, can I move to Canada? Can you immigrant to Canada? Let’s read the article to know if you are!
- 1 How Can I Move to Canada?
- 2 Categories of Immigrants
- 3 Express Entry
- 4 Welcome to Canada!
How Can I Move to Canada?
Yes, you can! Unlike the USA, Canada has an exceptional welcoming attitude to newcomers. You can move to Canada as a student or worker or for permanent residence.
Ways to Move to Canada
You can move to Canada as a permanent immigrant. Else you can move to Canada for either studying or working.
Permanent Resident Status:
If you have the right qualifications, you can apply for Canadian permanent residence though you have never been to Canada yet. This will give you legal rights to live and work anywhere in Canada as long as you like. You will also be able to bring your family to Canada. And lucky you! Canada has planned to bring more than 1 million new permanent residences within the next 3 years.
If you are not eligible for Canadian permanent residence, do not worry. Still, you have chances. You can move to Canada either for study or work as a temporary resident. Then you can transform into a permanent resident.
Canada is well known for its educational facilities and prominent world-class colleges and universities. For example- the University of Toronto in Ontario, McGill University in Montreal, the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, etc. rank top in the world ranking.
These universities provide quality education. And most importantly, international students become eligible for work in Canada after completing their graduation from any universities in Canada. Canadian education and working experience will help you very much to get permanent residence later. Study permits allow one to study in approved universities. This may include you to do part-time jobs during your study.
This permission will allow you to do work in Canada for a fixed period. After this period, either you have to renew your permit else you have to return home. Most of the newcomers in Canada come through the pathways for workers. Canada has an immigration system designed for workers and their families to give them the right to live in Canada as well as for education.
In a word, this is designed to help workers immigrant permanently. The main options for economic immigrants are the Express Entry and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Through these ways, Canada takes skilled and experienced workers to help their economy.
Different types of work permits are available for immigrants. Some offers need you to have lined up in advance. Others do not require you to figure out a job before. A lot of young people come to Canada through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. These people work for any employers in Canada.
Categories of Immigrants
You can move to Canada by fulfilling all the conditions for any of the following categories.
- Canada takes immigrants who are experienced and skilled. In this way, they help their economy to grow. This system is known as an express entry.
- It is easy to migrate to the province of Quebec as a worker if you are skilled. There is a separate category for skilled workers interested in relocating to Quebec.
- You will be able to migrate to Canada if you are nominated by either any of the provinces or territories of Canada
- You can sponsor your relatives, including your spouse or partner as well as your children, parents, and grandparents to immigrate.
- You can immigrate to Canada if you are willing to providing care for children, elderly persons, or those with medical needs. You can work as a live-in caregiver.
- Canada is taking fellows interested, experienced, and skilled in some fixed agri-food related occupations.
- You can migrate to Canada if you have done your graduation from a school or working in any of these Atlantic regions- New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Canada is interested in taking people who will establish their own business there and will create job opportunities for others. Canada cordially welcomes entrepreneurs.
- If you are a self-employed person and do cultural or athletic activities
- Smaller Canadian communities are supporting their local economy through immigration. The pilot opened to permanent resident applicants later in 2019.
- And lastly, Canada gives shelter to refugees. And they also welcome sponsors.
It is one of the most common pathways for newcomers. If you are skilled and has taken your IELTS, you can apply for express entry. It takes at least 14 months to get your passport stamped after applying.
Firstly take your IELTS. Your CRS score will depend on your age, qualification, experience and IELTS score. This test is taken to check your proficiency in English by IDP or BC. If you have any other family member with you, he also has to take it. It takes almost 240 dollars per person. You can give TEF for the French language.
Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA):
You will need to send original certificates and copy of mark sheets of 10th grade, 12th grade, bachelor, and master’s degrees, Ph.D. to WES to get them evaluated. You will have to pay almost 300 dollars for this.
Profile Creation in ITA:
After getting the IELTS mark and ECA done, you have to open an account for ITA including the NOC code.
Arrange Documents for ITA:
Be proactive and gather all documents before getting ITA because this is time-consuming work. And also start arranging funds. You will need 12,960 dollars for one person and 19,836 dollars for a family of 3 persons.
Receiving Email for ITA and Submitting Documents:
After receiving an invitation to apply, submit your documents. Submit your job reference letter, PNP if you have and other papers. Proof of fund, medical certificate, and a police clearance certificate is needed too.
If you have lived in any country after becoming 18 years old for at least 6 months, you have to submit your PCC from there. And keep in mind, a medical certificate will expire within 1 year.
Generally, 450 is the cutoff mark for CRS. The entry draws are done biweekly.
Welcome to Canada!
Now take your opportunities. And move to Canada.