The Canadian government has come with an opportunity for skilled people. As a skilled migrant, you can get settle in Canada permanently and take part in the Canadian economy.
Lets know about express entry
What Is Express Entry And How It Works?
Express entry is an online system used by the Canadian government to manage PR applications from qualified workers. It fills labor gaps in specific economic immigration programs. The whole process in the following way;
- Step 1: Find Out Eligibility
At first, you need to find out if you are eligible or not. You can either answer a few questions or read the detailed requirements in the document checklist.
- Step 2: Prepare Documents
Prepare your document according to the checklist. Include the language test result.
- Step 3: Create and Submit Profile
Create an express entry profile and submit your profile. The immigration officer will accept you into their pool of candidates. According to your profile information, you’ll be ranked in the express entry pool. The ranking is done by using a point-based system.
- Step 4: Receive an Invitation To Apply For Permanent Resident
If you go to the highest scores in the pool, they’ll send you an invitation to apply. You’ll get almost 60 days to submit your permanent residence application.
Current Express Entry Programs
Express entry offers three economic immigration programs currently, they are;
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Besides, provinces or territories can also recruit candidates from express entry pools through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Document Needed For Your Profile
You’ll need certain documents at different stages of the process. But initially, you don’t need to upload documents except the following;
- A valid passport or travel document
- English language test result
- Education credential assessment report for Federal Skilled Workers Program applicants
- Provincial nomination (If any)
- Written job offer from any Canadian employer (If any)
After the invitation to apply; you may need;
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical exams
- Proof of funds
How to Apply For Permanent Residence?
When you get an invitation to apply, it is valid for only 60 days. You will have to apply in the following way;
- Fill out your online application form provided in the IRCC website.
- Upload the electronic copies of your documents, including passport.
- Pay the fees for your express entry program.
- Complete and submit your application.
- The immigration officer will inspect your documents and ask you to give your biometric. You can update and check your application status in between.