Nowadays, Canada is providing transient immigrants who wish to prolong their stay in the country. You need to apply for a visitor record if you want to extend your extension time in Canada. It is a document that provides the visitor’s status to stay longer in Canada.
But make sure you are applying for this request before your expiring date. The following section will help you understand, “How do I extend my Canadian Visa?”
How Do I Extend My Canadian Visa?
You need to provide the following documents to process your visa extension:
Scan of your passport:
You need to submit the scan copy of your valid passport.
ETA and Health Declaration
A detail of your health condition to ensure you are physically fit.
Details of your address about your staying in Canada
Valid Email Address
Provide a valid email address where all your documents will be forwarded, or you can be up to date for any information.
Method of Payment
You need to use PayPal or credit card to pay all the international fees.
Different Catagories of Visa In Canada
For extending your visa, you need to be in some categories which are made from Canadian authority; those categories are included below:
These individuals can apply for the extension application in Canada. Immigration is a very tricky and hectic stage where have to go through for legal strategy. You also need papers works to get attention from the authority.
Extension for Tourist Visa
A tourist can apply for this tourist extension. It can either be him/her, or a third party can do it on behalf of him/her – such as accredited migration consultants.
What are the steps you need to follow up for extending the tourist visa?
- While applying for the extension of a tourist visa, you need to provide some documents and forms. Here are the details;
- A letter that will indicate the reason why you need these extension limits in Canada.
- Your passport copy – especially the page where your personal information and the entry date is mentioned clearly
- Proof of status in Canada. This will provide valid immigration documents details.
- If it is needed, then provide a copy of the marriage certificate.
You also have to show your financial support or the financial statement in Canada to stay longer. If you don’t have enough financial support, then this could be a problem for this extension.
It would be better to help from any known person or friend living in Canada and provide you financial support.
Where to find forms and information?
From the official site of Canadian Immigration, you will find the information.
You can also see the steps on the application to extend your visa here.
However, you need to open a profile of yours with a user name and password, which is online.
Cost of a Visa Extension
All the fees for a Canadian visa extension are online. Check here to check the detailed fees.
Documents details for extending in staying Canada
When you are first in Canada then you need to have some documents which should be available with you while entering;
– Visitor’s visa, which is known as a temporary resident visa.
– ETA – an Electronic Travel Authorization.
– All your travel documents and your valid passport.
To extend your staying time in Canada, you need to apply for a visitor record, not any visa.
What is the visitor record?
It is a document where you will have to provide all of your visitor’s details, which will help you stay in Canada for longer. It does not ensure that when you can enter and also re-enter in Canada.
– The respective authority will include a new expiry date where it will be there.
– For visitor records, you need to apply before the expiring date. For knowing the expiring date, you need to ask to the authority.
Several vital preparations you need to take to extend your Canadian visa time. Such as preparing all of your documents required for the process. If possible, take legal help and prepare the document.
As many of you have a question on “how do I extend my Canadian visa?”. Hopefully, now you have a basic idea on this issue. And if you have more confusion, then you can always search for more information.