The past couple of years has been sensational in the history of Canadian migration. More than 3 lac people have been already migrated through Skilled migration, and almost every month thousands of students are migrating in Canada from different places in the world. Migrating in Canada might sound complex, but it’s not that complex to understand or proceed when anyone gets an expert consultant for help.
There are some processes to migrate to Canada according to the type of visa he or she wants to apply for. Each and every Visa type has its own terms and laws.
Getting Canadian citizenship is a straightforward process. If you want to be a permanent citizen in Canada, you need to follow some rules and regulations of Canada. As we all know, Canada is a very welcoming country, and the people of Canada are very generous.
Each year many immigrants immigrate to Canada because the immigration policy in Canada is so easy, and the Canadian nations are very welcoming to immigrants. The Canadian government provides many facilities to welcome immigrants, including jobs, depends on the level of education, and also offers Canadian health care.
There are many ways to apply for Canadian citizenship. If you want to apply for Canadian citizenship, the following steps will help you.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 Application Process
- 3 Citizenship Test
- 4 Fingerprints
- 5 How much does it Cost for Canadian Citizenship?
- 6 How Long does it Take to Get Citizenship in Canada?
- 7 Benefits of Being a Citizen of Canada
- 8 How Can One Migrate to Canada Through Skilled Migration Under the Steam of Express Entry?
Applying for Canadian citizenship, you must follow the following steps.
- You must have the required language skills(English or French) to get Canadian citizenship.
- You must be a permanent resident.
- You must have a record of living 1095 days In Canada out of five years before applying for citizenship.
- It would help if you cleared all your taxes while staying five years in Canada after that you can apply for Canadian citizenship.
This information is essential to get Canadian citizenship. The IRCC will return your application if any information is missing. Language skills are also necessary to get citizenship in Canada. You must provide acceptable proof that you have the required language skills, mainly English or french.
There are also facilities for the Canadian armed forces. If you have been a member of the Canadian armed forces, the process for getting citizenship will be easier than others.
The most effective way to get citizenship in Canada you can use the residency calculator to find out that you have been staying enough in Canada to apply for citizenship.
Read Also: Can a Student Work in Canada?
- First, you have to download the application form and fill up the application form for yourself and your family members.
- You must include all your supporting or required documents.
- You have to pay the fee for the application process.
- After filling up the application form, you must email the application form to the Centralized intake office (CIO)
If all the given information is correct, the CIO will accept your application, and they will call you for a citizenship test. If you are under 18 years old or over 55 years old, you don’t have to go through the citizenship test. To become a permanent citizen of Canada, you must pass the citizenship test.
There is a course available for the citizenship test. This course includes a few essential topics which are related to Canadian history. In this course, you will know about Canadian geography and Canada’s economic condition, Canadian history and rights, and responsibilities of citizenship.
After applying for Canadian citizenship, the authority will call you for your print. The print of your finger is such a sensitive issue for most of us. It will make sure that you are loyal to the citizenship act.
How much does it Cost for Canadian Citizenship?
The application fee for Canadian citizenship is now a little bit expensive. The government of Canada has increased the price of citizenship applications. Now it can cost around 550$. The applicant also needs to pay 100$ extra per man, but this money is returnable if the authority rejects your request.
How Long does it Take to Get Citizenship in Canada?
To get citizenship in Canada, you must be a permanent resident in Canada for around five years. After that, you can apply for citizenship ship. In many cases, it can take a few more years because you have to follow all the Canadian rules and regulations. You also have to pay all the taxes, and you must be clean in the police record.
Benefits of Being a Citizen of Canada
There are a large number of advantages of being a Canadian citizen. Becoming a citizen in Canada is a dream for most of us. After getting citizenship in Canada, all the restricted job sources will be available for you. You will also get the right to vote for the election. All the Canadian healthcare systems will also be available for you if you get citizenship in Canada.
How Can One Migrate to Canada Through Skilled Migration Under the Steam of Express Entry?
Right now, the most wanted migration program in Canada is Skilled Migration. There are some requirements to proceed with this program.
- The applicant has to have four years of bachelor’s degree or equivalent to this education level.
- General training IELTS is must required.
- The applicant has to accrue the Educational credential Assessment of his or her educational certificates from Canadian selected organizations to justify his or her certificates are valid in Canada.
- The applicant must have an office Job because of its skilled migration.
- The job he or she is having has to be listed in Canada’s demand list.
- The applicant has to give a clean police certificate after being initially selected.
- There is a requirement to show the bank solvency certificate, as well.
When an applicant meets all these criteria, then he or she can apply through skilled migration. It is one of the renowned ways to fly with direct Permanent residency and can apply for citizenship easily.
- First, an applicant has to evaluate himself according to the requirements of Skilled migration.
- If the applicant can meet or meets all requirements, then he has to open an account or profile in the Pool of Express Entry, which is the steam or pathway to Migration.
- The applicant has to fill up the profile with genuine information.
- The pool of Express entry usually selects applicants through a draw by a Cut up score number, because when the applicant meets the particularly given requirement, then they get points against the requirements. And only they get the invitation to migrate to Canada, those who meet the cut-up score.
- After Primary Selection, there is some paperwork as well, like passport verification, police clearance verification, job verification, bank solvency papers, etc.
These are the most basic requirements and processes to migrate to Canada for citizenship. There are many other ways as well, like Quebec Skilled Migration, Provincial Nominees migration, Atlantic Pilot program, and so on. But the process is almost the same with slide differences.
Getting citizenship in Canada is not that critical. The process of obtaining citizenship in Canada is almost the same as in the united states. If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you need to live for around four years before applying for citizenship.
It will not be that hard if you are a lifelong resident of Canada. You need to make sure that you follow all the Canadian rules and regulations correctly to get citizenship a lot quicker.