After post-graduation, it’s important to know how to apply for a post-graduation work permit. The post-graduation work permit is a legal permit in Canada, by which you will be allowed for any kind of job in Canada. Once you have it, you will get any type of job you want according to your qualifications. And a job in Canada is very alluring with a lot of facilities and a handsome salary. That is why a lot of people in the world want to have this work permit over the year.
If you are one of them, you have come to the right place. Here we will find you the best way how to apply for a post-graduation work permit. Hopefully, it will be for you to apply for a post-graduation work permit.
How to apply for a post-graduation work permit:
You may be applying for the work permit for the first time, or you may be applying for renewing your work permit. How to apply for the post-graduation work permit is dependent on where you are applying.
You can apply to form the port of entry, and another way is you can apply online. Both methods of the process of applying for a post-graduation work permit are here. Step by step process is given below:
Check your Eligibility:
At first, you have to check your eligibility. For being eligible for the post-graduate work permit, you must have some qualifications like you must have a completed degree, diploma, or certificate from a designated learning institute, which was at least for 8months.
You have to study full time for each academic session. But in some cases, studying part-time in the final educational session is allowed. Or sometimes, in emergency cases, you may be permitted for the authorized gap in your study.
You have to apply for your post-graduation work permit within 90days after getting the academic transcript from your institution. The cost of getting a work permit in Canada is around 255 CAD. Mainly these are the requirement of getting work permits from the Canadian government.
Gather your documents:
After being eligible for the work permit, you have to create a checklist for your required documents. Your checklist is dependent on how you are applying for the work permit.
If you are applying at the port of entry, you need more documents than applying online. Now, here we are giving the checklist of the materials. These are given below:
- Application for staying in Canada as a worker: You have to apply for extending your stay in Canada for your job, and you must have attached it with the form.
- Confirmation letter of your graduation: A confirmation letter of your graduation will be given on your school’s website. You have to download it and submit it with the form.
- Academic Transcript: After graduation, your school will provide you an academic transcript that will make sure your result.
- Passport: You have to give them the photocopies of all the pages of your passport. The pages should be showing the passport number, name, date of birth, date of issue and expiry, etc.
- Medical report: You have to provide them some recent medical reports for making them sure that you are physically and mentally fit now. For this reason, you have to take a medical exam which is conducted by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Photos: You have to provide them some digital pictures of yours which have to meet IRCC’s requirements.
- UBC’s Acknowledgement Letter: You need it if you have any gap in your study. If you don’t have any gap, it’s not your concern.
- Some Biometrics: You may have needed some biometrics like fingerprints, facial recognition, retina scans, etc. You have to give these things to your permit.
- Payment Proof: You have to pay a certain amount of money as a work permit processing fee. Make sure you have this proof.
Apply for the post-graduation:
Then, you have to complete your application form. The application form is legal and the most important part of your application. You can apply online or through the paper. But it is recommended that you apply online. Applying online, you will get more facilities, and it will be easier for you. Like applying online, you don’t have any courier charges.
You will get your application very fast. And the processing time will also be shorter than applying by paper. It will also help you to make sure that your application is submitted or not. If you apply by paper, you will not be understood that your application is submitted or not. You will be easily able to submit more documents if they require very fast and without any hassle.
But in the case of a paper application, it will rake more time for providing them further documents. They will ask for the document; you will send it by courier. It will take much more time than online. You will be updated if you apply online. Because, when you are applying online, you must create an account. And by this account, you will be easily able to see your update, and you will be notified if you need anything to provide them.
Check the work permit after getting it:
After receiving the post-graduation work permit, you need to check it properly. You have to check the length of your work permit. If your study program is two or three years long, you should receive the two or three years of work permit.
A lot of people apply for getting a post-graduate work permit over the year. For preventing fraudulence, the authority made the process very complicated. You need a lot of eligibility, documents, and certificates for applying for the post-graduate work permit.
You have to gather all of the materials they require for the application accurately. Otherwise, they will not issue your work permit at all. If they find all of your documents perfect, you will be able to get the post-graduation work permit.
In this article, we have identified the easiest way how to apply for a post-graduation work permit. We hope that it will help you to make your application process very easier for you.