Welcome To Immigration in Canada

Talk to expert

+1 800 123 4567

Apply Now

Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

Langley Immigration Lawyers

What Do Immigration Lawyers Do?

Our immigration attorneys help clients navigate the immigration application process. We help you catch any issues that might be a problem for your application and resolve them prior to applying. We help you choose the right immigration program for you. Should your application be rejected, we help you on appeal. In situations where a person is facing deportment we help to defend them.

We also work closely with Canadian corporations and employers to bring foreign employees to Canada. We help these companies meet Canada’s requirements for hiring these employees so they can meet labor shortages and reap the innovation benefits that come from hiring foreign workers.

Our team has decades of experience helping every kind of immigration client!

Types of Immigration We Help With

Did you know? There are more than 80 immigration pathways that you can use to come to our great nation. We help with all of them!

One of the services we provide is helping you choose the right program for your situation. Your situation could include the amount of money you have on hand, your skills and degree, your family situation, your age, your language skills, and your professional goals.

We help refugees as well, and those who are seeking asylum because they are fleeing persecution in their own countries.

Express Entry Applications

Express entry is an immigration pathway for skilled workers who meet some basic minimum requirements and are experienced in certain managerial, professional, technical jobs, and skilled trades. You must be able to pass language tests in English and in French.

You must also show that you have enough money to settle in Canada and that you are able to currently legally work in Canada, or that you have a job offer from an employer in Canada. You can find the most recent charts on how much  money will need to be in the bank at this link.

Express Entry allows you to live anywhere in Canada but Quebec. If you want to live in Quebec you’ll need to use their own skilled workers program.

Provincial Nominee Programs

PNP programs are province-by-province programs that target specific skills, education, and work experience. Provinces target immigrants according to their own needs. For example, BC’s skilled worker program is open to those who already have a job offer in a National Occupational Classification Skilled Occupation that’s Type 0, Skill Level A, or Skill Level B, and who has at least 2 years of directly related work experience.

There are also separate PNP programs in BC for healthcare professionals, international graduates, international post-graduates, entry level professionals, and semi-skilled employees.

Business Immigration

There are multiple programs in Canada for entrepreneurs, self-employed persons, and investors.

Entrepreneurs must have a qualifying business, must own a significant portion of the equity in that business, and must provide active and ongoing management of the business in Canada. Those requirements vary whether you’re targeting a federal program or a provincial one.

Self-employed individuals must have over 2 years of experience. You get more points if you have more than 5 years. You must be willing to be self-employed in Canada and meet medical, security, and other conditions.

Investment requirements differ depending on whether you’re targeting a provincial program or a federal program. The business must qualify and you must invest a minimum amount. All these programs require you to bring enough money to settle in Canada.


Canada requires Labor Market Impact Assessments or Labour Market Opinions (LMOs) before it will allow most employers to hire for most positions. Our team can help you  make your case for hiring foreign workers, and can help smooth the rest of the process.

Spousal Sponsorship

In Canada you can bring a spouse, common-law partner, or, in some cases, a conjugal partner to Canada. You will have to prove that you have the financial ability to support the person you want to sponsor for three years up to they achieve permanent residency.

See also: Surrey Family Class Immigration Lawyer

Immigration Lawyers

Canadian Super Visas

A Super-Visa is a multi-entry visa. You’ll be able to use it to enter Canada multiple times over the course of ten years and stay for up to 2 years at a time. These are for eligible parents and grandparents of permanent residents or citizens  whose children or grandparents will sign a letter of financial support that covers the length of your visit.

Super visa holders must also have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company valid at least 1 year from the date of entry. You must buy coverage of up to $100,000.

You must apply for super visas while you are outside of Canada.

Canadian Tourist Visas

Only residents of certain countries need Tourist visas. Many citizens of many countries can simply enter Canada with a valid passport and stay for a period of up to 6 months.

You can find the list of visa-exempt countries here. The same link will give you the list of countries from which you will be required to apply for a tourist visa prior to entering Canada.

Canadian Student Permits

If you are taking classes in Canada and your course of study will take longer than 6 months then you will need a study permit. It is valid for the length of your program, plus 90 days past that.

You can apply only if you are enrolled at a designated learning institution, or DLI, and prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation. You must have no criminal record and show that you’re in good health. You must also be prepared to prove to an immigration officer that you intend to leave Canada when your permit expires.

Canadian Work Permits

Canada offers both open work permits that allow individuals to work for any employer in Canada or employer-specific work permits that allow individuals to work for specific employers.

You can apply for an open work permit if one of the following applies to you:

  • You’re an international student who graduated from a Canadian institution.
  • You’re an international student who can no longer cover the costs of your studies.
  • You have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused on the job.
  • Have applied for permanent resident status.
  • Are a dependent family member of someone who has applied for permanent residency status.
  • Are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student.
  • Are a refugee.
  • Are under an unenforceable removal order.
  • Are a temporary resident permit holder.

An open work permit is a powerful document to have! Our office can help give you your best chance of achieving one.

Permanent Residence

There are multiple permanent residency options both at the Federal level and at the provincial level. Often success is a matter of finding the right program as well as a matter of ensuring that your application is as strong as possible.

Seeking Refugee Protection

People can make refugee claims both within Canada and from without. Refugee status covers:

  • Those who have a well-founded fear of persecution in their home nation.
  • Those fleeing from a risk of torture, murder, or cruel or unusual treatment or punishment.

This can include those fleeing wars in their home countries as that would constitute a credible risk to the refugee’s life.

Refugee claimants have certain rights in Canada, including access to settlement services.

Why hire an immigration lawyer?

The immigration process is not simple, and if you get it wrong you may kill your chances of ever being able to live or work in Canada. We help ensure you get your immigration application right the first time, and defend you on appeal if your application is denied for some reason. We help you catch and address problems in advance and help tell you exactly what steps you’ll need to take to be successful.

It is always far less expensive to hire an immigration attorney up front than it is to hire one after something has already gone wrong.

Why Hire Us?

Our immigration legal fees are fair and transparent, and we’ll go over them when we meet. We’re responsive, experienced, and have an outstanding reputation. We also have attorneys who speak fluent Mandarin and Punjabi.

Contact us to make an appointment today. We are happy to set up a video chat appointment if you are not currently located near our office in Surrey, BC. Our team is ready to work with you!

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Frequently Asked Question

    To get permanent residency, you have to live for at least three years in Canada. You also need some other documents to apply for Citizenship.

    In generally takes six months to get the citizenship after taking the Citizenship Test and Interview.

    People aged between 18 to 54 have to take the citizenship test and Interview.

    Oath taking ceremony generally takes 45 to 60 mins to complete. However, the time may vary upon the number of applicants and citizens.

    Yes, any Citizen who is a Canadain Citizen can renounce his citizenship status if he wants. He may apply for renouncing the citizenship under certain conditions.

    The answer is yes. You can again apply to resume your Citizenship status though you have renounced it once.

    The total fees for applying for Citizenship in Canada is CAN $ 630. Among the prices, $530 is for processing fee, and $100 is for the right of  Citizenship fee. But for minors aged under 18, the processing fee is $100.