Staying alone abroad is not fun, so most immigrants would love to have their spouse with them. Certainly, having your spouse will give more mental comfort than living alone.
However, since there is an expiry date of a Canadian Visa, you need to extend it. No matter whether it is a spouse visa or others. So here are some spouse visa extension tips.
What is a Canadian Spouse Visa?
If you permanently live in Canada, you are allowed to sponsor your wife to come, work, and finally settle in Canada. The spouse sponsorship program allows a common-law partner to be a Canadian Citizen in the future. This sponsorship program has two main categories as like
If your spouse is living outside of Canada, you can sponsor, and later on, s/he will be able to come and work in Canada.
Suppose your spouse is living inside Canada, and you would love to sponsor this guy, then it is called an inland program.
Time frame | How long does it take?
Normally, it might take up to 8 weeks, and sometimes it could be even more. If you would love to apply via standard services, it might be within this time frame. Otherwise, it will take more time to complete the procedure.
While you are applying for a spouse visa, you need to prove that you must have a genuine relationship with this guy. Usually, you might need up to 8 weeks for extending a spouse visa, though we are suggesting you apply before that.
Necessary documents needed for a spouse visa
Proper documentation is necessary here. Firstly, you have to prove that you are a genuine spouse. The visa officer would like to see that you are in a genuine relationship. As a requirement, the part will need to prove a marriage certificate eligible for Canadian immigration authority. The major requirements are
- The candidate should have 18 years old or more age.
- Your spouse must have a clean police record like s/he should not be involved with any major crime.
- S/he should not have been sponsored to Canada for the last consecutive 5 years.
When you are extending immigration documents for your family members like a work permit or visitor status, you have to ensure these points; otherwise, it will be hard to extend the spouse visa.
Here all the dependents, including children, need their document.
- All the documents should be extended before the expiry date, and it is a mandatory task here.
- It is possible to extend your study permit, work permit, and all other issues through MyCIC.
- For extending the spouse visa, please pay an accurate fee for all the members. It is mandatory for the application.
- Visitors’ documents will need a stamp in the passport.
How To Extend Spouse Visa? Spouse Visa Extension Tips
The common-law partner of full-time international students is fully allowed to open work in Canada. S/he can be able to work full time in Canada. They do not need any job offer or labor market assessment service to apply or work in a company. Your spouse will be eligible for a work permit whether
- This guy is a full-time student in a post-secondary organization
- If you hold a valid study permit
If you have any queries back in mind, then please check the IRCC website. Here you can get the detailed information regarding work permits and permanent residency in Canada.
If you have all the valid documents, then the spouse visa extension will take several months. There are quite a few factors that can affect the processing time. If all the documents are okay, then you will have it within a few months.
- Firstly, you need to make sure of what you might need here. You might need a scanner, a camera, a valid debit or credit card for the application.
- You need to read out the details instruction while you are applying for a spouse visa extension.
- For uploading forms, you need to give some answers to a couple of questions. Make the answers correct for getting a visa extension.
- Check out the fees that you have to pay and use any debit or credit card to pay them accurately.
- Create an account there and submit the form successfully. That’s all.
- Now you have to wait for the visa extension.
I believe you got the idea of the details regarding spouse visa extension. Keep a thing at your mind that you must have a clean police record. If all the documents are okay, then you will get the spouse extension visa easily. Be sure of it.