There are lots of fun things to do in Surrey, BC! Whether you’re looking for a place to hang out in friends, attractions to visit with the kids, or the perfect spot for date night, Surrey’s got you covered.
If you’re an immigrant who is considering coming to BC and you’re a little daunted by the process, let this list inspire you! It’ll offer a fantastic picture of some of the amenities you’ll be able to enjoy once you come to British Columbia.
Best Free Things to Do in Surrey
You don’t have to spend any money to have outstanding family fun in Surrey.
- Hit the Beach – There are three beaches in Surrey, but Crescent Beach has a lot to offer. There are plenty of restaurants and places to sit and enjoy the water.
- Visit the Darts Hill Garden Park – The park is technically free, though they do request donations. You’ll gladly oblige once you see it. You’ll find 7.5 incredible acres of beauty waiting to greet you.
- Visit the Glades – This public park covers 15 acres, 5 acres of which is a mature and fully curated garden.
- Hit the Forest – The Green Timbers Urban Forest, that is. This is one of Surrey’s largest parts, and it offers over 10 km of nature trails to enjoy. It’s the place to be if you love to fish. You also won’t want to miss out on spotting a “glacial erratic,” a large wandering rock that was carried a long distance by glacial ice.
Best Things to Do in Surrey with Kids
Surrey is an exceptionally family-friendly place.
- Head to the Rodeo – Didn’t think Rodeo when you thought Surrey? Well, surprise! Head to the Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair in May, and enjoy bucking broncos and a county fair.
- Meet Exotic Animals – The Urban Safari Rescue Society rescues and cares for exotic animals whose owners bit off more than they could chew, then surrendered them. Iguanas, chameleons, sugar gliders, and turtles are just some of the animals you’ll meet and interact with.
- Enjoy the Big Trucks – If you have kids who are obsessed with trucks then they won’t want to miss the BC Vintage Truck Museum. You’ll see trucks from the early part of the 20th century, along with other interesting bits of petrolina, such as vintage gas pumps.
- Head to the Honeybee Centre – Kids get to learn a plethora of information about bees while enjoying incredible honey sweet treats.
- Teach the Kids to Golf – Birdie and Buckets Family Golf Center has kid-friendly courses. They also offer lessons for both kids and adults.
- Ambush them! – Take them to Ambush Paintball for an adventure they won’t soon forget.
- Get a Little Lost – Bose and Sons Corn Maze lets you challenge your family with 25 acres of corn. A series of trivia questions help guide families through the maze. While you’re there, you can enjoy sweet non-GMO vegetables to enjoy later.
- Hit the Pool – The Grandview Heights Aquatic Center features a 50 metre Olympic pool, a 500 square metre leisure pool, diving facilities, hot tubs, fitness rooms, weight rooms, a waterslide, a lazy river, a sauna, and a toddler area.
Best Things to Do In Surrey at Night
Looking for a great date night location?
- Try Your Luck – Elements Casino offers racing, dining, and an excellent bar, as well as traditional casino table games and slots.
- Catch a Live Performance – Live plays, musical performances, and other shows get put on at the Bell Performing Arts Centre once every two months or so.
- Get Board – Get some rocking crepes while enjoying huge tables and a wide variety of board games and RPGs at Tabletop Crepes and Games.
Best Things to Do in Surrey on the Weekend
You can do more than sit at home and stream Netflix when you live in Surrey.
- Shop til’ You Drop – The Shops at Morgan Crossing is a gorgeous outdoor shopping center with over 60 stores. You’ll find clothing stores, gift stores, specialty stores, gift stores, and more.
- Hit the Spice Trail – The Spice Trail takes you on a whirlwind tour of Surrey’s best restaurants. Enjoy top notch Indian food, Thai food, Afghani food, and more.
- Catch Big Fish – You can catch numerous fishing charters and tours from the Surrey area. Experienced captains will guide you to the waters where you’ll make your most exciting catches. Don’t like catching them but still enjoy the thought of being on the water? Take a dolphin and whale spotting tour, instead.
- Hit the Track – Surrey has an outstanding Go-Kart track. Grab a date and challenge them to a race!
Ready to begin immigrating to British Columbia?
British Columbia’s provincial nominee program offers plenty of options for highly skilled workers, healthcare workers, and international graduates. If one of those programs isn’t right for your family we can help you move to Canada as a lawful permanent resident through any number of other federal programs.
Our skilled immigration attorneys make sure the job gets done right the first time and defend you if the government rejects your visa application for any reason. We have decades of experience and can give you your best chance at a stress-free, successful immigration experience.
We also have attorneys who speak both Punjabi and Mandarin on staff, so if you’re from India or China we can work with you in your native language, ensuring you’re never out of the loop or confused!
Start your journey to life in British Columbia. Make an appointment by calling (604) 394-2777 today. Telecom appointments are available! We’ll meet you wherever you are in the world.