Before I tell you anything about where can I find my permanent code, you must know what it is first.
A permanent code is a unique set of a number given to the students by the ministry of education (MEQ). It is one kind of student identification number. You will get it when admitting to a college. The code is made with some numbers and alphabets. The college or university will provide you with this code.
This code has-
- Your last name’s first three letter
- First initial
- Date of birth
- In case you are a female, your birth month+50
- Your birth year’s final two number
- Two particular number provided by the ministry
How to find my permanent code quebec
Mainly this permanent code preserves the legal status of the students of any educational institution of Quebec. It doesn’t matter if you are a resident of other provinces. Also, you will have to pay a lot more money if you do not have a permanent code.
Where can I find my permanent code in Canada
This permanent code is given to the students of Quebec province. So, if you were a student of any institution in that province, you already have a permanent code. But if you are a student or someplace else, you will have to apply to get a permanent code.
How to apply for a permanent code?
To apply for a permanent code, you need to provide your educational institution with the following documents:
- Your Canadian citizenship certificate
- Permanent residency certificate
- Study permits
- The declaration of name changing (if any)
- The certificate of adoption
These documents should mention the following information about you:
- Your legal name (both first name and any other legal names)
- Your sex
- The date of birth
- The place of birth (including city and country)
- Your parent’s names (if applicable)
If you do not have the necessary papers or documents for a permanent resident, you need to submit other documents that support the information mentioned above.
Where can you see the permanent code?
One can usually find the permanent codes on documents as:
- Transcripts that are issued by MEQ
- Diploma certificates that are published by MEQ
- Any documents that are issued by MEQ
What happens if I lost my permanent code?
If you have a permanent code but you have lost it, or you can’t remember its contact with the ministry of education. They will ask you to provide some information such as:
- Your name (both first and last)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Parents names (both first and last)
Also, you need to provide a document of your birth certificate or immigration documents if you were born outside Canada.
Check Related Article