Does anyone from your family live in Canada? If so, they can sponsor you to visit or immigrate to Canada. To do that they must be;
- At least 18 years old and
- A Canadian citizen or
- A permanent resident of Canada or
- An Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
Know details about family sponsorship
Are you the spouse or conjugal partner or dependent children or parent or grandparent or adopted child of the person? If so, then he or she must be able to:
- Support you financially
- Ensure that you don’t need any social assistance from the government
The government of Canada has some specific eligibility criteria for each ease. Your family member from Canada has to be eligible for sponsorship. If the person is not eligible, then you cannot proceed.
How to Apply?
If you are the spouse or partner or child then;
- Your family member from Canada must apply to become a sponsor
- You must apply for permanent residence.
In the case of sponsoring an adopted child, you must go through the adoption process, then the immigration process.
If you are a parent or grandparent of that person, then
- Your children or grandchildren from Canada must submit the interest to a sponsor form.
- You must apply for a permanent residence
After submitting the sponsor form, the government of Canada will invite potential sponsors to submit a complete application. The application package includes;
- Document checklist for you and the person who is sponsoring.
- The application form that you both need to fill out.
- And a help guide to help you both to fill out the forms correctly.
In each case, you’ll need to submit your application fees online. It may include;
- Processing fee for you, your dependent and the person sponsoring you
- The right of permanent residence fee
- Biometric fee
Finally, you can submit your application. Both the sponsors and the invited person must apply at a time. After submitting the application form, an immigration officer may ask for additional documents.
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It