A permanent resident Travel Document is an official form which is needed if you travel outside Canada or you are entering Canada. Again, if you are outside Canada and want to visit Canada by Bus, Boat, Train, or Aeroplane, you have to show your PRTD.
However, a travel document is valid for a single entry. So, it is better to apply for a PR as soon as possible.
Lets know how to get a permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD)
Who Can Apply for PRTD?
People under the following conditions can apply for PRTD if you are
- You are a resident in Canada
- You have no Permanent Residency
- You are outside Canada
- You will travel to Canada by Air, Train, Bus or Boat
Application fee for permanent residency travel documents is $CAD 50.
Application Steps for PTRD
To apply for the transport documents follow the bellow mentioned steps
- Go to the website and read all the instructions clearly
- Submit all the proof related to the application
- Pay the fees
- You can submit either online or by paper-based application process.