The provincial nominee program allows skilled and experienced people to settle in Canada’s particular province and territories. Those provinces and territories nominate people who wish to immigrate to Canada.
All about Provincial nominees program and Process
How Provincial Nominee Program Works?
Provincial nominee program nominate people who;
- Have skills, education qualifications, and work experience to contribute to specific provinces of Canada.
- Plan to live in that province.
- Want to be a permanent resident of Canada.
Plenty of province and territory participate in the PNP program along with their own stream and requirements. These provinces may target students, business people, skilled workers, and semi-skilled workers.
Currently Participated Province or Territory
The following provinces or territories are participating in the PNP program presently;
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
How to Apply?
Well, it depends on the provincial nominee program stream in which you are applying. This process can either be online through Express entry or paper-based.
The whole process includes two stages;
- At first, you need to find out any specific province or territory to live in Canada. Check the eligibility criteria and then apply to the province for a nomination.
- In the second stage, when that province nominates you, you can apply for permanent residence.
Then the process will take place in the following way;
Step 1: Fill Out Application
Once you are nominated for a province, you are allowed to fill out the application form. There is an application package provided in the IRCC website. Fill out the form accordingly.
Step 2: Pay Application Fees
After filling your form, you may need to pay;
- Processing fees for you and the person in your application
- The Right of Permanent Residence Fee
- Biometrics fee
- Third-party fees
Third-party fees include fees for;
- Medical exams
- Police certificates
- English language testing
- Educational credential assessment
Step 3: Submit Application
Finally, check whether you answer all questions, including fees, sign all forms, and include other supporting documents. Remember, they will reject incomplete applications.
Online Through Express Entry Process
You can apply in two ways, either;
- Contact the province to apply for a nomination under an Express Entry Stream.
- When the province nominates you, create your express entry profile to show your nomination.
- Create your express entry profile first to show any particular province that you are interested in.
- When the province sends you a “Notification of interest,” contact them directly.
No matter how you apply, you must be eligible for that province. Also, submit your express entry profile with minimum criteria. Once you are invited to apply, submit your electronic application to IRCC.