There are two things to do to sponsor any of your family members. The formal demand for family reunification comprises two steps:
- The permanent resident or Canadian citizen must file a sponsorship claim.
- The family member, meanwhile, must file a permanent residency claim.
All application forms must be filled out and submitted at the same time.
One important thing is that sponsorship application and permanent residence demand packages vary if the family member is inside or outside Canadian territory.
Why you need a family member sponsor in Canada
You need to prepare some of the materials if you are sponsoring them. For the permanent resident or Canadian citizen:
- Sponsorship Demand Form
- Original copy of the document “Sponsorship Agreement.”
- Original copy of the report “Evaluation of sponsorship.”
- Original of the paper “Resource for the services of a representative” (for those who decide to use the services of an immigration lawyer or firm.)
- Original of the document “Sponsor Questionnaire.”
- Permanent residence card or Canadian citizenship certificate
- Canadian passport
- Divorce or marriage annulment certificates, if applicable
Get proof of citizenship
The citizenship certificate is official proof of your Canadian citizenship. Canadians born in Canada or abroad to Canadian parents can apply to prove their Canadian citizenship. Remember: this is not a passport or a second ID card.Read More
For the family member:
- Permanent Residence Demand Form
- Original of the document “Background / Declaration”
- Original of the document “Additional information about the family”
- Original of the document “Resource for the services of a representative” (for those who decide to use the services of an immigration lawyer or firm.)
- Identity and marital status documents
- Valid passport
- Testing the links with the sponsor
- Original criminal record document
- Medical exams tests
Adopt a child from abroad
Here is the full process of adoption from abroad depicting in steps. Step 1: Elaboration of adoption project: Collecting information on intercountry adoption. Step 2: Signature of the contract with the approved organization:Read More
Sponsors additionally have to meet certain conditions to be approved, including:
- have not been convicted of crimes of a sexual nature, violent or against a family member that has resulted in personal injury
- cannot be found in welfare
- cannot be in default with payments of an economic commitment with Immigration Canada or as a result of financial support to a family member ruled by the courts.
Procession time for sponsorship is different in different family members. When it comes to a spouse, partner, or dependent child, the processing takes 89 days (approx.). But for parents or grandparents, it can take up to 45 months.
Sponsor a refugee
The people who are unable to stay in their country for various reasons are called refugees. These refugee families, these children, these unaccompanied minors fled the war, their family, their homeland, in search of security ...Read More
Nowadays, immigration in foreign countries is a hot topic. It can be for job, study purpose, and lastly, for getting a settled life. Among all the
In this contemporary era, Canada has become the world’s famous destinations for immigration. It has the reputation of being a diverse countr
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It