Here are a few things you need to know if you are applying for a visitor visa;
Let’s Know how to apply for a Visitor Visa
What Is A Visitor Visa?
Visitor visa is an official document that shows you are capable of entering Canada. You’ll need one if you are traveling to Canada for a while. Travelers can apply for a visitor visa on paper or online.
How Long Can You Stay?
You can stay for more or less than six months with the permission of the border services officer. They will give you a document (called Visitor Record) that shows the date you need to leave by.
For staying above six months, you’ll need a stamp in your passport. You need to ask the border services officer for one. Some airport uses Primary Inspection Kiosks where you can apply online.
Check the Eligibility
To get a visitor visa, you must:
- Have a valid passport.
- Be in good health condition.
- Assure your immigration officer that you have ties in your country. Like, family, job, or financial assets.
- Have sufficient money for spending while you stay. The amount depends on the duration of your stay.
- Have no immigration-related or criminal sentences.
- Assure your immigration officer that you’ll leave Canada at the end of your visit.
Who Is Not Eligible?
Most people are not eligible to apply, who is involved in:
- Human rights violation
- Criminal activities
- Organized crime
Do your minor children (children under the age of 18) is traveling along with you? You should present:
- A child’s passport
- Child’s birth certificate
- A letter of authorization
How to Apply For a Visitor Visa?
You can apply both online and on paper. Among both, applying online is faster and accessible.
You’ll need to fill out an application form which you’ll find in the official Government of Canada website. When you submit your application form, you will need to give biometrics after paying the biometrics fee. You’ll get 30 days to provide your biometrics.
After then, visa offers will check your application to ensure that you have all the documents. They may also ask for:
- An interview with their officials in your country.
- A medical exam
- A police clearance certificate
- More information.
How Much Time It Will Take?
Visitor visa usually takes a few weeks or less. Processing time actually depends on the visa office and if you need any extra steps.
If your visa application is approved, they will stamp the visa inside your passport. Or else, if it is refused, they will send you an explanation.
What Happen After Arriving in Canada?
- If you enter through 10 major Canadian airports, your fingerprints will be checked automatically at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
- If you enter through smaller airports, your fingerprints will be checked by a Secondary Inspection.