Recently Canada has been allowing applying in Canada. They are offering permanent residency. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) controls all the processes. However, to become a permanent citizen of Canada, you might have to follow some basic rules and regulations. Here we have outlined some points which might be helpful for you if you are planning to become a Canadian Citizen.
Lets know how to apply for citizenship in Canada
Who can Apply?
To apply for Citizenship in Canada, one should possess some essential criteria.
- Have a Permanent Residency.
- Knows how to speak and write at least one Canadian official language, such as English or French.
- Who Stayed in Canada at least 1095 days within five years with a valid PR.
- Must payed all the taxes payable for at least three years.
How to apply?
Applying for Canadian Citizenship is pretty simple. You can easily apply for Canadian Citizenship by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Choose an application type. Different types of application packages are available, for example, Adults (Above or 18 Years), Parents, Minor, etc.
- Pay your fees online
- Submit the application form
- Apply for Citizenship.
There are different categories of application packages for different persons. The packages are-
- Adults aged at 18 or older
- Guardian who want to apply for a child
- Minor who are under the age of 18 without a Canadian Citizen
- Adult who served for Canadian Armed Forces
- Adopted by a Canadian Citizen
- Stateless person who born to a Canadian Parent
Application fees are-
- Application Fee-$ 530
- Right of Citizenship Fee- $ 100
However, the Citizenship fee will be returned if you are rejected.
The processing time for Canadian Citizenship is generally 12 months. The time is variable.