As a temporary worker or a live-in caregiver, you can extend or change the status of a work permit. If your work permit is about to expire or need changes, you need to apply at least 30 days before the expiry date.
How to extend or Change the conditions on your work permit are discussed below
For Temporary Workers
When you work under a specific employer, you may want to change your work permit status, only if;
- Your job is extended
- There is any change in your pay or responsibility
- You are offered a different job
- You want to work for a new employer
Before you apply for an extension or renewal of work permit, your employer must;
- Apply for a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), Or
- Submit an offer of employment, and
- Pay the employer compliance fee when they don’t need an LMIA.
How to Apply?
- Prepare electronic copies of all your documents
- Complete the form with the help of the instruction guide
- Create an online account to pay your work permit fee
- Submit your application
You can check the status of your application online. It generally takes approximately 114 days. If your application is accepted, you’ll get an extension. Or they can issue a work permit with new conditions.
If your work permit is expired, you will need to restore your status as a worker.
For Live-in Caregiver
As a live-in caregiver, you can extend your work permit. Or else you can change your employer or job location, still, stay in the LCP.
For changing your current job, you must find a new employer who;
- Decides to a live-in arrangements
- Get an LMIA that includes a live-in arrangement
Also, you must get the following documents from your previous employer;
- Record of overtime hours
- Record of employments which must include;
- Hours worked
- Reason for leaving
- Gross earnings
- Whether any money paid or payable when you left
How to Apply?
If you work for the same employer while extending your work permit, you must submit these documents;
- A letter from your current employer that;
- Says you will work full-time for them
- Lists the last day you will work
- A copy of the employment contract (Updated or extended) signed by both
- To work in Quebec, a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It