The Canadian government has several plans to help refugees resettlement in Canada. Refugee candidates, convention refugees, and persons in need of protection have certain rights around work and education. There are also several programs to enable to get settled in Canada. For example, health care, financial help, and settlement assistance.
Refugees candidates are qualified for the Interim Federal Health (IFH) program. The IFH program provides limited, brief coverage of health-care benefits to peoples. The following groups are not qualified for rural or regional health coverage. There are some issues to give them heath-care. Such as:
- Secured people, including resettled refugees
- Refugee claimants
- Certain different groups
The IFH program pays for some medical services after arriving in Canada. They also covered by a rural health care plan.
Under the resettlement assistance program, some refugees can get financial support.
- Help in the port of entry
- Find permanent settlement
- Money to buy essential items and clothing
- Information and support to settle in Canada
Resettle refugees can get loan from the immigration loans program. They get a loan to pay for:
- The costs of medical treatment
- Travel document
- Transportation to Canada
- Housing rental, telephone deposits, and work equipment
Refugees have certain rights and may have access to Canadian services while they claim for refugee protection.
- Employment: Sometimes, refugees may be able to apply for employment authorization to work. They have to wait for a decision for their claim — generally, people who can not live without help for employment authorization.
- Education: Refugees can also apply for student authorization to go to class while they are waiting for a decision on their claim.
Some settlement agencies provide services to refugees. It planned to enable refugees to confirm to their life in Canada. It also helps them with translation and language training.
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It