Canada offers refugee protection to the person who faces persecution in their home country. They can support Canada’s law to live in Canada. The person who would face persecution if they returned to their home country, Canada, also offer them.
The person can make a refugee claim inside Canada when they arrive by land, sea, or by the air. In another way, the person can make a refugee claim outside of Canada sponsored by the government or a private group. IRB that means Immigration and Refugee Board settles on choose about refugee claim.
Refugee system work
The immigration and refugee board mainly works on the refugee system. They make decisions about refugee claim. They choose refugee based on two types. One is Convention refugee, and the other one is the person in need of protection.
Convention refugee means someone with a well-founded fear of persecution. It based on some issues. Such as:
- Political opinion
- Membership in a particular social group
Need for protection means someone faces dangers in they back to their home country. It chooses based on some issue. Issues are:
- Danger of unusual and irregular punishment
- Threat of torture
- Risk of life
Canadian refugee protection programs
Canada refugee system works based on a protection program to the person who claims refugee. The Canadian refugee system work has two primary principles. Such as
- Resettlement Program: One can’t directly apply to Canada to settle down again. Private sponsors across the country can help refugees resettlement in Canada.
- In-Canada Asylum Program: The asylum program works to give refugee protection for resettlement in Canada. It based on two issues. Such as:
- Well-founded fear of persecution
- Risk of torture
In these ways, Canada offer refugees to resettlement in Canada. Canada refugee system work based on these to provide refugees to resettlement in Canada.