Canada is among the best study overseas destinations in the world. That is because Canadian degrees and certificates are widely universally recognized. Also, Canada has plenty of educational institutions with lots of degrees, and the cost of tuition is too affordable.
Perhaps, you are planning to study in Canada. Before you prepare to study in Canada, you should know every single detail about Canada’s educational systems.
How to prepare yourself to study in Canada
Different Programs and Schools
Canada has a separate education system in each province and territories. Canada’s education system consists of primary, secondary, and post-secondary schools. Whereas;
- Primary schools include grades 1 to 8
- Secondary schools include grades 9 to 12
- Post-secondary schools include colleges, universities, and private career colleges, vocational and technical schools.
Apart from that, Canada has different language schools that teach English and French.
You can get more information on Canada’s education system in;
- EduCanada– Information for international students about Canada’s education system
- Ministries And Department Responsible For Education– Education information of each province and territory
Canada’s Designated Learning Institutions
In Canada, each province and territories approves a lot of schools for international students. These schools are known as Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
The international student must apply to DLI to get a study permit. Other than that, their application won’t be approved. All primary and secondary schools are under DLI.
How to Apply in Designated Learning Institutions?
First and foremost, you need to choose a school or college or university where you will apply. Check each institution’s websites to know their application rules. Once you decided the institution, you must apply at least;
- Six months before you apply for a primary or secondary school.
- One year before you apply for a post-secondary program.
Contact that particular institution to get the following information on;
- Application cost
- Tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Language test requirement
- Rent and other expenses to live in Canada
Then find the application form and fill out the form according to your choice. Then submit your application as per the institution’s demands. If you got selected as their student, they would send you an acceptance letter. You will need this letter to obtain a study permit.
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It