Welcome To Immigration In Canada

Contact time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

You can work in Canada as an international student if your study permit allows you to work both on and off-campus. The best part is you don’t need a work permit to work as a student. There are some requirements that you will need to meet, or else you may have to leave Canada. 

All information to work as a Student

Work On-Campus

You can work on-campus only when you start your study program, not before that. However, you can work on your campus, only if you;

  • Have a valid study permit
  • Are a full-time post-secondary student of;
    • Public college or university or CEGEP in Quebec
    • Private college-level school in Quebec that is at least 50% funded by government grants, or
    • Canadian private school that legally award degrees under provincial law.
  • Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Stay in Canada After You Graduate Immigration In Canada

Stay in Canada After You Graduate

International students can stay in Canada to live and work after graduation. Graduate students can gain work experience in their professional field by applying for a work permit under ...

Read More

Who Cannot Work On Campus?

You cannot work on campus when you;

  • Stop studying as a full-time student
  • Study permit expires
  • Are on authorized leave from your studies
  • Are switching schools

As an international student, you can work for;

  • The school
  • The faculty member
  • A student organization
  • Private business on campus
  • A private contractor who provides on-campus services

Work Off-Campus

You can work out of the campus, only if you;

  • Have a valid study permit with off-campus working conditions
  • Are a full-time student at a DL
  • Are enrolled in;
    • Post-secondary program
    • A secondary-level vocational training program
  • Enrolled in a study program that lasts at least six months
  • Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

If you are a part-time student, you can still work off-campus. For that, you must meet the above requirements.

Extend Your Study Permit Immigration In Canada

Extend Your Study Permit

If your study permit is about to expire but not your study program, you can extend your study permit. You should apply at least 30 days before your study permit expires. The expiry date is provided in the top right corner of your study permit.

Read More

Who Cannot Work Off-Campus?

You cannot work off-campus if you are 

  • On an authorized leave from your studies or you are switching schools. 
  • Enrolled in an English and French language program
  • Taking general interest courses
  • Taking courses requires to be accepted into a full-time program
  • Not part of the conditions needed for work off-campus.

As an international student, you can work up to 20 hours both on and off-campus during your semester. Otherwise, you can work full-time during your scheduled semester breaks. 

Work as a Co-Op Student or Intern

IYou can apply for a co-op or intern work permit if you;

  • Have a valid work permit
  • Need to work to complete your study program in Canada
  • Have a letter from your school that says you need to complete work to complete the study program
  • Your internship is 50% or less of your study program

Who Cannot Apply?

You cannot work as a co-op student or intern if you take;

  • English or fresh as a second language
  • General interest courses
  • Courses to prepare for another study program.
Get-a-visitor-visa-to-return-to-Canada Immigration In Canada

Get a visitor visa to return to Canada

Visitor visa is an official document that shows you are capable of entering Canada. You’ll need one if you are traveling to Canada for a while. Travelers can apply for a visitor visa on paper or online.

Read More

Free online assessment

Latest News

ms_MYBahasa Melayu he_ILעִבְרִית ja日本語 zh_TW繁體中文 zh_HK香港中文版 zh_CN简体中文 ko_KR한국어 arالعربية hi_INहिन्दी pa_INਪੰਜਾਬੀ id_IDBahasa Indonesia urاردو es_MXEspañol de México ru_RUРусский bn_BDবাংলা tr_TRTürkçe viTiếng Việt pt_PTPortuguês mrमराठी fr_FRFrançais en_USEnglish