If you are already a citizen of Canada and you need to change the documents, then there are some procedures to do it.
You might need to change your address or other information in your identity. Again, it may happen that mistakenly, the spelling of your name was wrong. Or you might have lost your identity card. All the circumstances stated above need to pay attention. However, the process may vary from different conditions. Here we have discussed the procedures about the pros and cons of the situations mentioned above.
Let’s find out if you’re already a citizen in Canada
If Documents are Lost
- Issue a police file
- Show other documents (if any)
- Pay the fees
- We will not provide a new certificate rather than reissuing the certificate
If the Names of Information are Mistaken
- If your name spelled wrong mistakenly, there are options to edit it.
- IRCC will provide you a new card if you report the problem within 90 days of certificate issuance.
Ways you can be a Canadian citizen
There are different ways to become a Canadian Citizen. Canadian government has various citizenship schemes for individuals. One can be a Canadian Citizen both by born or as an immigrant. However, some criterion is needed to become a Canadian Citizen.
- Have a Permanent Residency.
- Knows how to speak and write at least one Canadian official language, such as English or French.
- Who Stayed in Canada at least 1095 days within five years with a valid PR.
- Must payed all the taxes payable for at least three years.
If you have all the documents discussed above, then you may apply for citizenship in Canada. You can apply online for the citizenship status. The application process is-
- Choose an application type. Different types of application packages are available, for example, Adults (Above or 18 Years), Parents, Minor, etc.
- Pay your fees online
- Submit the application form
- Apply for Citizenship.