If you have dual citizenship and you are not willing to live in Canada, you can renounce your citizenship status. However, to quit your nationality, you must have to go through a process and procedure. To give up citizenship status, you have to clarify the below-mentioned things.
Eligibility to renounce the Citizenship Status
- You are a Canadian Citizen
- Proof of your going to another country rather than Canada
- You do not live in Canada
- Your age should be at least 18 year
- Prove that you are not harmful to Canada; for example, you are not going to commit any crime against Canada.
- Ensure that you are aware of the terms and conditions of renouncing Canadian Citizenship.
If you have matched the eligibility criteria, then you can apply to give up your giving up of nationality.
Renounce your Canadian citizenship
To renounce your Canadian Citizenship, you must apply through proper application form. Before applying, you must know about the terms and conditions of Canadian Laws. Once you have renounced your citizenship, you no longer a Canadian Citizen.
After giving up the Canadian Citizenship, you will not be able to find all the facilities of the Canadian Government. From then, if you want to live in Canada permanently, then you have to apply for permanent residency. Again, if you want a short visit to Canada, you have to apply for a visitor visa.
The application fee for renouncing the Canadian Citizenship is $100 Canadian Doller per person. Again, the processing fee is also $100. However, the processing fee is non-refundable.
After paying the fees, you have to fill up an application form. The application form concludes
- Your name, surname or changed name (if any)
- All the information about the birth certificate
- Where do you live, inside or outside Canada
- The Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Information about your new country or place where you intend to live.
All this information should be genuine, and you must have to affirm the documents by a legal person. However, For Canadian citizens, an Officer of Immigration, Magistrate, Judge, Commissioner of the state can attest the documents. People outside Canada can also certify the documents from a high official.
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It