If you were a Canadian Citizen and want to resume your Citizenship Status, then you have to maintain some eligibility criteria. General criteria for Citizenship in Canada are
Eligibility Criteria to Resume Status
- You have been a citizen before
- You have stayed at least 365 days in last two years before applying
- You have got permanent residency after losing the citizenship status
- You have to present in Canada physically
- You have no allegations against the government of Canada
- You have paid all your income tax or other tax-related moneys
How to Apply
If all the eligibility criteria match upon you, then you may proceed for the application process. You may find the application form online. The necessary documents needed to resume citizenship status may vary upon the application process.
For First Time Applicants
An applicant who is applying for the first time, have to submit all the necessary documents with a clear and readable format. However, you have to attest all the required documents from high officials who have the authority to affirm the papers.
For Previous Applicants
People who have applied before and they want to resume the status can apply through a photocopy of the required documents.
N.B: You can also apply on an urgent basis, and we will check the urgency. If all the causes seem to be compelling, then you can have the citizenship status on an urgent basis.
Pay the Fees
You have to pay the fees before submitting the application form. The charges are as follows
- For Adult (Above 18) – $ 530 (Canadian Dollars)
- For Minor (Under 18) – $ 100 (Canadian Dollar)
You can pay online or through your Credit Card or Canadian Debit Card. Once the application is on the process, you might not refund the fees again.
Submit Your Application
After completion of all the documents, you are ready to apply. You can apply online. However, to process all the application thoroughly, you might fill up the application form appropriately and have to submit all the necessary documentation needed.
After the submission of the application, the Case Processing Centre (CPC) will evaluate all the documents. If all the materials are okay, they will process the form. Otherwise, they may reject or notice you. The time generally needs for the whole application process are as follows.
- Online Application- 50 days
- Paper-Based Application- 105 days (Approx.)