If you need to visit Canada for business, you’ll either need a visitor visa or an eTA. You’ll be called as a business visitor. Before you apply for a visa, you should know more about the business visitor.
What you need to visit Canada for Business are as follows
What Is A Business Visitor?
A business visitor is a person, who;
- Visit Canada to take part in international business activities while not being a part of the Canadian labour market.
- Is visiting Canada for a short period to invest, grow, and advance his/her business relationship.
A business visitor can stay for up to 6 months.
Eligibility for a Business Visitor
If you want to visit Canada for business, then you must show;
- Your plan to stay in Canada for less than six months,
- Your business place in your country, source of income and profits is not in Canada,
- You don’t have the intention to enter the Canadian Labour Market,
- Appropriate documents to support your application,
- You meet basic entry requirements provided by the government of Canada. Like, you have;
- Sufficient money to support your stay and return,
- A valid passport,
- Intention to leave at the end of your visit,
- No criminal records, security issue, and health problems.
What Can You Do As A Business Visitor?
As a business visitor, you can;
- Purchase Canadian goods or services for your business
- Attend meetings, conventions, conferences, and trade fairs,
- Take order for services or products,
- Give after-sales services, like managing,
- Get training from a Canadian parent company that you work for,
- Train your employees in the Canadian branch of your company,
- Get training sessions from a Canadian company who sold you their goods or services.
If you are a U.S or Mexican national, you can take part in other activities. For example, marketing, research, and other general services. You can check the Global Affairs Canada website for more details.
What Is Required To Enter Canada?
- If you are a business visitor from outside Canada, then you must need a visitor visa. To apply for a visitor visa, you may also need to provide your fingerprints and photo.
- If you are a lawful citizen of the U.S with a green card, you’ll only need an eTA.
Some people come to visit Canada under a free trade agreement; they are known as business people. However, business people and business visitors are not the same.
What to Bring While Entering Canada?
When you enter Canada, you need to bring the following documents;
- A valid passport,
- Your valid visitor visa or an eTA. In case of an eTA, you must bring the same passport that you have used in your application,
- A letter of invitation from the host company in Canada and letter of support from your parent company/letter of recognition from the Canada Border Services Agency,
- A contact details of your business host in Canada,
- Proof of your financial solvency for both your stay in Canada and return home,
- Other documents like service agreements or warranty or contacts, if needed.
The economy of Canada is one of the strongest in the World. Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world. It